AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wd.env file location

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
2465 Views, 1 Reply

wd.env file location

Presently when Autocad Electrical starts up  - it looks for the wd.env file to be on My Documents ( Company Network Drive/Server) and I wolud like to change the location to my hard Drive.

Thanxx,CW

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I do a similar thing here. We have all the common data (templates, symbols, databases. etc) located on a file server, and I needed to have all users use the same WD.ENV file to point to the right stuff.

What I did is create a setup .BAT file that deletes everything in the My documents AeData folder except the "Proj" and "Tutorial" folders. At the same time, it copies my network WD.ENV file, and a few other default files to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2010\Acade" (Windows XP Pro), which is on the search path already set in Acad-e. Since the WD.ENV file is gone from the My Documents folders, it reads the one in the Program Files area on the hard drive. Part of our standard install procedure is running this config .BAT file on each user's computer. Has the added benefit of an easy upgrade if you modify the network .ENV file. Just re-run the config file and you're all set. I store the network WD.ENV file and the others I copy locally in a special folder on the network the users normally have no access to. I also created several startup .BAT files to load up special WD.ENV fiiles to configure the program for IEC, JIC, or training. (Different paths for each)

I love .BAT files. You can create one to automate just about any file/folder task you need. ('Course I also date from the "Bad Ole DOS Days", so I learned how to use them a lo-o-ong time ago!)

Hope that helps!

Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost