AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using AutoCAD 360 2.2

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Nel_Zelpher
557 Views, 4 Replies

using AutoCAD 360 2.2

My company is looking to stream line one of our products.  This will entail the creation of new software to automaticaly create BOM's for eatch new product run... 

In the past I have created a drawing that used blocks with attributes, layered inside other blocks that used visibility attirbutes to change the varius parts in the drawing.  Then I would use data extraction to extract my own bom from the drawing...

so in esince I have already accomplised what the higher up are planing to do.  The only problem?  We don't have the capital or the busines to justify ordering auto cad (full or light) for all the sales staff or the project managers...

My question is.  can any version of "AutoCAD 360 2.2" be used to open my drawing and change the visibility states?

attached is one of the w-blocks that i have made so any one who wants to can try to experiment...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ccad2509
in reply to: Nel_Zelpher

I can think of at least 4 solutions to this problem using your current solution

1) If your sales team is static in a building then you can have a network licences of a couple of AutoCAD’s which are installed on all machines and its first come first serve for the licences

i.e. 5 licences mean that the 6th person to launch AutoCAD will get a licence not available error you can configure it so the licence can be released if no activity on the licence has occurred over a user defined set period

I have seen this done with another piece of software what IT did was set up a calendar in outlook for the software so you could book the use of the software in advance

2)if your sales force is mobile same set up but log into you network through a VPN or set up a virtual machine with the software on assumption is that sales wont be using the AutoCAD all the time

3) Dependant on which country you’re in you can purchase an lt tools extender which activates certain menus on AutoCAD lt and you can use those licences

4) Certain other non AutoCAD products will do this at a reduced cost you need to search around

Message 3 of 5
Nel_Zelpher

Thank you for the ideas.  i will send them on to my manager...

now what about the mobile app?  can one of the 3 versions do what i am asking?

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Visit gyre AutoCAD 360 website and ask them direct: you'll get an answer from them and you'll know for sure. The website here as well as this forum are not not geared towards that unique web-only product.
Message 5 of 5
rhesusminus

AutoCAD 360 does not do dynamic blocks at all, unfortunately.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost