AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

symbol for pneumatic manifold?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
robbm2k
2929 Views, 7 Replies

symbol for pneumatic manifold?

I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a pneumatic symbol for a multi-station solenoid manifold. I looked through the pneumatic components dialog box in ACADE, and it lists 3way and 4way valves, but no manifolds of 3way or 4way valves, other than a generic box with X number of holes on it. I was asked to use a 'standardized' symbol on our pneumatic drawings, but haven't found anything for a manifold of several 3way valves. I could just insert several of the 3way valve symbols, but it wouldn't be the clearest since they all share a common supply and exhaust port. Has anyone found or created something to accomodate this?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dougmcalexander
in reply to: robbm2k

You can insert several of the 3-way valves, explode them and use Symbol Builder to compile them into one symbol.  Get rid of the redundant attributes.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 8
robbm2k

That's what I ended up doing, was just a pain for a 10station manifold, but all set now.
Thanks.
Message 4 of 8
dougmcalexander

Autodesk provides a good sampling of many types of symbols, but certain designs require that we create our own.  I like making symbols.  It allows me to be creative.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 5 of 8
robbm2k

Agreed, just thought I'd check before starting on my own.
Message 6 of 8
dougmcalexander

It's always a good idea to check.  This is a forum for sharing and learning.

Doug McAlexander

Message 7 of 8

I need to make a three station manifold symbol. This little thread has inspired me to possibly try and make something like the parametric PLC symbols.

Message 8 of 8
robbm2k
in reply to: controlsgirl

that's a good idea, but does the Parametric PLC route allow to use different parametric symbols for building different brands (or in this case, devices)?

I was under the assumption that the "project properties -> styles" tab restricts you to selecting a specific style for your PLC figures for that project. Would you have to change that selection when you insert a manifold (assuming you just changed style #9 or something for pneumatic use) and then change it back to your standard style # when you want to insert an actual PLC? Or can you override that in the PLC database file editor so certain figures are tied to certain items in the PLC database, regardless of the project default? If you look into it, i'd be curious what comes of it...

I ended up creating "single-station" manifolds that i could insert one a time to get to the quantity i wanted, and also some common manifold quantities i use, such as a 6 and 10 station manifold, etc. If your manifold is one part number (mine are), I just make the first "single-station" as the 3-station part number in the catalog data fields, and the other two manifolds are just empty of catalog-data.I suppose you could also make child manifolds for the other two after the parent. it'd be like a relay coil that's the same no matter how many poles it has.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost