AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

standard toolbars in electrical workspace?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pwk
Advocate
599 Views, 5 Replies

standard toolbars in electrical workspace?

Hi,

I am using ACE 2006. I do most of my work in the AutoCad Electrical workspace. In this workspace, I wish I had access to the AutoCAD standard Inquiry, Modify, and Object Snap toolbars. These toolbars do not seem to be available in the electrical workspace. When I right-click on a toolbar, I only have the ACE toolbars to choose from.

I don't like having to change workspaces just to get at the standard toolbars. Is there any way that I can add them to the electrical workspace?

Thanks,
Paul
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
chubby-1
in reply to: pwk

Under "View" click on toolbars, you should then get a list.....showing ACE toolbars.....if you keep scrolling you should have the standard AutoCad toolbars listed, at the bottom.

Marty
Message 3 of 6
pwk
Advocate

Hi Marty,

When I go to View | Toolbars, this brings up the "Customize User Interface" dialog box. Is this what you get? Is this what I have to use to to display the standard toolbars I want while in the Electrical workspace?

Thanks for your help,
Paul
Message 4 of 6
chubby-1

Paul, is there a "toolbar" tab on the customize dialog box? If there is....click on that tab and it should list all of the available toolbars with the ACE toolbars listed first. I am running 2005 so it may be a little different in 2006, but I use the "standard" AutoCAD toolbars with no problem.

Marty
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

If you right-click in a gray area near a toolbar (not on an icon!) you
should see a shortcut to your ACAD and other concurrently loaded menus that
will allow you to open any vanilla Acad toolbar.

--
Sam Hochberg
Inventor Certified Expert
Not too bad at AutoCAD either

wrote in message news:4993898@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi,

I am using ACE 2006. I do most of my work in the AutoCad Electrical
workspace. In this workspace, I wish I had access to the AutoCAD standard
Inquiry, Modify, and Object Snap toolbars. These toolbars do not seem to be
available in the electrical workspace. When I right-click on a toolbar, I
only have the ACE toolbars to choose from.

I don't like having to change workspaces just to get at the standard
toolbars. Is there any way that I can add them to the electrical workspace?

Thanks,
Paul
Message 6 of 6
pwk
Advocate

Hi Marty,

There was a Toolbars node in the the treeview under ACADE | Workspaces | AutoCAD Electrical Default. I selected "AutoCAD Electrical Default" and clicked "Customize Workspace". At this point, I was able to go to the "Partial CUI Files" for both "ACAD" and "ELECTRICAL" and select the toolbars I wanted. Thank you for your help.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost