AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source / destination arrow editing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ccad2509
608 Views, 2 Replies

source / destination arrow editing

ok

I am working on a project supplied by my client and has been worked on by more than one person heres my problem

because more than one person has worked on the drawings and had free reign on what they did there is absolute chaos in the cross referance arrows what i mean in the code descriptions there is random referancce numbers mixtures of numbers letters sometime page numer is in there or device tag number no fixed easy to read format

what i want to do is edit this chaos to a level where i can actuly make sence of this mess

i have worked out what im going to do and its this

the new code will now be  wwww-xxxx-yyyy-zzzzz where wwww = installation code xxxxx=wire number yyyyyy= page number zzzzzz= sequence number starting at 1

this will make it easy to figure out where the wire orignated from when checking wires

now the issue is there an easy way i can edit the arrows without going to each arrow individully and putting the information in because i have liturally weeks worth of manual editing to do

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kc8akw
in reply to: ccad2509

Perhaps this will help:

Using the Import/Export Data tab, select To Spreadsheet.  Pick the Wire number signal arrows radio button and save to a spreadsheet.

Edit the spreadsheet SIGCODE column.

Save the file.

Using the same tab, import back into the drawing using the From Spreadsheet option.

Message 3 of 3
ccad2509
in reply to: kc8akw

my brain must have been fried at that pint i been dipping in and out of the spreedshheet utilty for weeks now and i didnt think to check there !!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost