AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shielded cable markers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dkhedstrom
352 Views, 2 Replies

shielded cable markers

I can get the parent-child relation to work with the slash-type cable markings (child query popup), but the shielded style is baffling. The parent command allows multiple wire picks and constructs a proper looking shield around the wires, but only the first conductor is labeled. Any hints on how I label the succeeding wires?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: dkhedstrom

If it is the cable Tag that you are referring to, this tag is located on the child cable markers for the shielded cables You can use the 'Move/Show Attribute' command from the 'Components->Attributes' menu to make this tag visable (TAG2). This will be on a block to block basis. Steve "dkhedstrom" wrote in message news:4428118.1091721113115.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I can get the parent-child relation to work with the slash-type cable markings (child query popup), but the shielded style is baffling. The parent command allows multiple wire picks and constructs a proper looking shield around the wires, but only the first conductor is labeled. Any hints on how I label the succeeding wires?
Message 3 of 3
Jay Mackey
in reply to: dkhedstrom

I noticed that the child and parent will display the wire color/ID, but the child doesn't display the tag. I assume that the reasoning is that since you have a shield, and therefore probably have all wires in sequential order on one sheet, tagging each child wire would be undesirable. However, many of us like things to behave and look the same everywhere, so we would want the tag on every wire. In this case, the easiest solution in the long-term is to edit the block or blocks used for the child markers so that the tag attribute is visible instead of invisible. Then you will never have to manually change visibility again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost