AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared network path for ACE_PLC.MDB

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CAD-ICE
1742 Views, 6 Replies

shared network path for ACE_PLC.MDB

Hi all,

anyone out there who can point me into the right direction how to set a shared path for this plc parametric tool.

Please see attached image for details.

Thx and regards, Gary

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Go to ACAD's Tools->Options and select the Files tab. NOTE that this is for the program and NOT the project settings.

Click on the Support File Search Path and add the new path you wish to search. Now move the new path to the top of the search path.

Repeat for the Working Support File Search Path and then click OK.

If you are pointing to a network drive, you will have to make sure that it is not turned off when you start ACADE or when you are working on any dwgs.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
CAD-ICE
in reply to: Icemanau

Hello Brad,

I had already tried this as shown in the attached image.

Do I have to remove some other paths or is there some other thing that may cause this?

Thanks for your support.

Regards, Gary

Message 4 of 7
Tim_L

Hi, if you are still having trouble check to see what the path is on the insert menu, see the attachment.  If you have set the network paths but are not getting the expected result you could try and rename the incorrect file referenced.  I had a ACE_PLC.MDB on the local work station that was causing me the problem.  With a network path to the correct file and renaming the local file to ACE_PLC.MDB[ORIGINAL].  When ACE could not find the file locally THEN it would look down the support paths.  Other things may be going on but this worked for us.  Good luck

Message 5 of 7
Icemanau

Did you also add the directories to the next folder down...

The 'Working Support File Search Path' . I found that if one doesn't work, the second usually does. 

There is also a configuration file that can be edited to change what directories are used. I can't recall what it is called or find it in my printouts. I've changed this file to makeACADE look to a different location for some functions that are not in the general option dialogs.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Tim_L
in reply to: Icemanau

I believe the config file you are refering to is wd.env which I have not tried to edit.  You are correct that it can be set to direct the order of the support path search.  I just haven't taken the time to work with it.  For us, we have so many of the .mdb, catalogs, and every thing else on the network I just rename my local AeData file to AeData[origina] an 99% of the network application works as expected.  But if you are tring to be a little more delicate renaming individual files seems to work just fine.

As far as the paths, perhaps someone else can give you ( an me) a good explination.  What seems to happen is that some functions use a drill down method to travers lower folders where some only go to the specific folder designated.  For me it is hit and miss.  I just fiddle with it until I get what I want.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 7
CAD-ICE
in reply to: Tim_L

Thank´s guy´s for sharing knowlegde on this post. I did as you pointed out Tim, by renaming the ACE_PLC.MDB located at the default location on my computer, ACADE uses instead the file located in the shared network path.

I have not figured out how to set the path in the environment file, but hopefully somone can give us an insight to this.

Anyway, thanks Tim and Brad for helping me out on this one.

Regards, Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost