AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

searching for terminals in the entire project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mkarow
380 Views, 3 Replies

searching for terminals in the entire project

How can I search the entire project (129 pages) for a teriminal.  My panel editor is showing a terminal in it that must have been placed by mistake but I don't know how to search the entire project to find the teminal and delete it.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: mkarow

There is a search utility available called SURF. Look for an icon of a stick figure riding a surfboard.

Click this icon, them hit enter and type the terminal strip ID in to the item tag box or select the correct terminal strip ID from a visible terminal.

Now look through the list for the terminal number you need.

Select the terminal then click on "Go To"

Acad will now moving you to the correct dwg before zooming in on the one you need. Note that it will QSAVE the dwg you are on if it needs to move to a different dwg.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
drathak
in reply to: mkarow

You could also place the errant terminal on your panel and then surf from there.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 4 of 4
whiteviper
in reply to: Icemanau

Thank you for your help it was greatly appreicated.  The key was I had not assigned the strip ID which makes searching for it much easier.  

Again, thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost