AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resizing component term# text size

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mgoolsby75
389 Views, 3 Replies

resizing component term# text size

I would like to know how to set my component term and pin numbers outside of the component instead of it placing the numbers inside of the contact. I will include a DWG so that I can better show you what I am talking about. I woould like to set this as a default upon insertion. Any help would be greatly apprciated!!!

Thank you,

Michael Goolsby

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: mgoolsby75

I would just modify the original drawings used for those blocks and then do a Swap/Update Block. Normally, I make a copy of the original first and then use that to do the modification. Whenever you update ACE, it always replaces the existing as designed blocks with new ones from the new installation and this would write over your changes.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: mgoolsby75

You should save all changes you do to a separate symbol library. Then.. just make sure that your Symbol Library is added to the schematic symbol library search list... as the first item. 

Now, AcadE will find your version of this symbol first, no matter what version of AutoCAD Electrical you are running in the future.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: rhesusminus

I should have said that also. I do that now.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost