AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorting" the drawing index table

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
iisGarry
1008 Views, 4 Replies

"Sorting" the drawing index table

Hi,

Here is my sheet set structure;

sheet set

Subset 1

01 first sheet

02 second sheet

04 fourth sheet

06 sixth sheet

Subset 2

03 third sheet

Subset 3

05 fifth sheet

The 01, 02, etc. is the sheet number and need to be listed in that order.

There are 3 subsets because they are of different types, civil, mechanical etc. and models are in different folders so the subset properties help to put the sheets in the correct place.

Now... the isssue is that with the sheet set arranged like this, the drawing index populates in the sheet set order,i.e.

Obviously I would want them to display in sheet number order, but the only way I have been able to achieve this is to dispense with the subsets, which is not what I want.

Don't anyone have a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance

Garry

Windows 7, AutoCAD Electrical 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: iisGarry

Are you using Sheet Set Manager? Electrical uses Project Manager. The Index report will be based on the drawing order in project manager and any additional sort you choose after you generate the report.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 5
jalger
in reply to: iisGarry

Hi IISGarry,

Just to add to what Doug already said you can sort after the Drawing list has been generated from the drawings you selected.

The "Sort" button is near the bottom right side.

If you want to supersede the Sorting done automatically by the program you can use the "Edit Mode".

Its the button in the Lower Left Corner, from there use the Move up or move down buttons to change the order of the sort .

(Keep in mind if you update the list you will have to do this manual override again).

I hope this helps,

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 4 of 5
iisGarry
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hi Doug, and thanks for sparing the time to reply.

I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2014, but all the drawings are of site layouts. That's just the way it was setup.

I am finding that with the sheet set containing subsets, and the sheet numbers bouncing between the subsets, that the sheet list table is populated in a straight forward top to bottom sequence, and of course I want it populated in sheet order.

I've tried many different combinations of how I select the sheets to no avail. I tried creating a sheet selection, but that only caused the sheet list table edit function to crash AutoCAD.

Garry

Message 5 of 5
iisGarry
in reply to: jalger

Thanks to you also James.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost