AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile mystery solved!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
joshko
202 Views, 4 Replies

profile mystery solved!

As I sat at my computer, staring into space, contemplating the direct affects that frustration has on my treatment of others (in my defense they should - like my husband - read the warnings signs and stay far away), it came to me in a flash!
so I right clicked on my autocad icon, clicked on properties, and gently removed the <> profile from the target line...

sometimes I over think things...so if anyone is having a problem with toolbars not staying docked...fix your toolbars, create a profile after they are set, and remove the target profile. Autocad will automatically default to the last profile used.

Calm in Alabama,
Vicky
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MartinLee
in reply to: joshko

Vicky,

Something else that you can do is to put your profile name in the target line: "c:\blah\blah\acad.exe /p <>"

This way if the profile should ever be changed, next time you start ACE, your profile is the one that will be loaded.

Hot in Tennessee
Martin
Message 3 of 5
joshko

Martin,
You are right 🙂 I set up multiple profiles and shorcuts (per each client's drawing standards) and just renamed my shortcut to reflect each profile...I did learn not to create a new shortcut from the desktop but from the program...lol, I spent 30 minutes bouncing back and forth till I realized I had a shortcut to my shortcut...I do have my days of being an airhead, but at least its usually painless 🙂

Thanks for the additional tip (and making me look smart again)
Vicky
Message 4 of 5
MartinLee

VickyI

It looks like my post deleted out text that was supposed to be between the <>. It should have read . Anyway, I'm glad you were able to make it work. I have two profiles for my work, though everything we do is in-house.

You can create the shortcuts from your desktop, but you do have to be careful and give them different names.

Martin
Message 5 of 5
MartinLee

It looks like some text is still being deleted.

Original should be: it should have read
"yourprofile" within the arrows.

May the forward and reverse arrows are not valid charactors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost