AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pins on terminal blocks

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
219 Views, 1 Reply

pins on terminal blocks

have a terminal block placed on a wire.....how do I define that the wire on the left goes to pin one and the wire on the right goes to pin 2? simple question?

Thanks
Marty
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cawaugh
in reply to: Anonymous

Schematic and panel layout/wiring diagram terminal symbols can carry TERMDESC attribute values used to control which side of a terminal is to receive internal or external wire connections. Schematic terminals use attributes X1TERMDESC01 for the right wire connection, X2TERMDESC01 for the top, X4TERMDESC01 for the left, and X8TERMDESC01 for bottom wire connections.

i.e Term #1 is on the left, X4TERMDESC01 is used for wires coming in from the left.
Term #2 is on the right, X1TERMDESC02 is used for wires coming in from the right.
Notice I changed 01 in the definition above to 02. This will give you one wire number/wire on one side and a different one one the other.
If you want the same wire number through the block, keep the X?TERMDESC01 designations on the terminals.
For more indepth info, go to the contents tab of the help file, select creating library symbols, this will give you a good base for understanding symbol creation.

Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost