AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parts catalog

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
359 Views, 2 Replies

parts catalog

Before Electrical 2012, I would do a panel layout with all my parts, laid out on a backpanel and the enclosure behind that.  And of coarse the enclosure door is open.  Now when I insert an enclosure, it is the front view only and I don't see back panels in the catalog.  Now I know that our back panels are ordered as a seperate part along with the mounting feet.  Are these parts I will just need to add?  Is there a way to make my drawings look like our old way and still keep the intellegence?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sonny3g
in reply to: Anonymous

Sure, do you still have your old blocks?  You can continue to use them, although you may have to add attributes to them to upgrade them to ACADE if you haven't already.  If you still have the blocks you used to use you can edit the footprint database to find and use those blocks instead when doing your panel layouts.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: sonny3g

Thank you!  I will try this.  I bet I have questions later but until then Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost