AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lock up when using surfer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SteveEE
393 Views, 3 Replies

lock up when using surfer

I'm evaluating AutoCAD Electrical for my company to see if it would be useful to us. I have downloaded the 30 day trial and am running through the tutorials right now. Whenever I try to use the surfer tool on any circuit component the command line shows the text "reading project database file..." and then sits there indefinitely until I hit escape or enter. When I try some of the other demo drawings in different projects (I activated the different projects before attempting to use the surfer tool) I experience the same issue. 

Is this a known/common issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: SteveEE

I am guessing the dialog box is off screen. This can sometimes happen when switching between one and two monitors.

Try pressing ALT+Spacebar and then M. Now you can use the arrow keys to move the dialog box around. It should eventually appear near one of the edges.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
SteveEE
in reply to: testsubject

Ah, that was it. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4

Hello,  

This issue has been fixed in the SP1, please patch the ACE2013 SP1.  You can get the ACE2013 SP1 from here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20545414&linkID=9240738

Thanks, 
Robin Shou 
Quality Assurance 
AutoCAD Electrical 
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost