AutoCAD Electrical General

Active Contributor
kani_mca
Message 1 of 5 (369 Views)
Accepted Solution

location of location box

369 Views, 4 Replies
02-15-2013 01:44 AM

How to find position of LOCATION BOX in Autocad Electrical Drawing using vb.net?

I want to get position X,Y,Z ?

*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 2 of 5 (294 Views)

Re: location of location box

02-26-2013 11:03 PM in reply to: kani_mca

To locate and identify what AcadE sees as a Location Box, search for closed Polylines with XDATA named VIA_WD_LOCBOX* on them.

Then, use standard VB.NET functions to get the bounding box of the polyline.

THL
Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)
Active Contributor
kani_mca
Message 3 of 5 (289 Views)

02-26-2013 11:57 PM in reply to: rhesusminus

I got the polylines Position..

I want to place one text in  the lower left corner of the Location Box using vb.net code.

I have created Text using vb.net..

when i draw location box from bottom[StartPoint] to top[EndPoint], It will place my text correctly in the lower left corner of the Location Box.

If I draw location box from top[StartPoint] to bottom[EndPoint], It will place my text at top of the location box...I used position from  Polylines.

if i draw location box from whatever position[from top to bottom or bottom to top],i want to place my text in the lower left corner of the Location Box.

Can we do that?how should i get lower position of location box?

*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 4 of 5 (285 Views)

02-27-2013 12:28 AM in reply to: kani_mca

Get the GeometricExtents of the polyline. This returns an Extents3D object that contains the MinPoint.X, Y and Z.

THL
Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)
Active Contributor
kani_mca
Message 5 of 5 (281 Views)

02-27-2013 12:51 AM in reply to: rhesusminus

Thank You Sir,It works Correctly.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community