AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

language conversion

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
202 Views, 1 Reply

language conversion

I'm trying to convert a set of schematics from English to spanish. I created a list of words and phrases in Excel and tried to import them into the wd_lang1 Access database. After attempting this ACADelectrical would no longer open the language conversion. I'm using MS Office 2003 and I believe the Access file was created in Access 2000. I'm also using AutoCad Electrical 2005. I reinstalled AutoCad Electrical to try and correct this problem but it didn't work.
My question is two part.
1. Does anyone know how to correctly edit this Access file?
2. Where does AutoCad keep the wd_lang1 file?

Thank you in advance.
Dave Cleveland
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

The default path to the language database is: C:\Documents and Settings\Douglas McAlexander\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2006\R16.2\enu\Support\AeData\Catalogs

As for editing, you can edit with MS Access. Open the database and click the table named MATRIX. Or you can edit via the language database editor under the Project Management flyout. The icon is a globe with a pencil tip.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost