AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labeling codes for cross reference

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
287 Views, 4 Replies

labeling codes for cross reference

I would like any information on labeling installation codes or any kinds of codes that I have to label for cross referencing throughout a project. Any help would be greatly appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

As far as I know, the location and Installation codes are not used in the cross reference. These codes are for your use to group components for sorting, searching, and reports. At least, that is what I always used them for. For example, during panel creation, I sort the project by Installation, Location to find the components I want to insert into the current panel layout (i.e., the panel for HMI arm would have components with a location code of HMI).

Bob Hanrahan

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: testsubject

Thank you for the information. At least when I come to that point I will know what to do. So can you give me some information on cross referencing. I'm a new user of ACE and I'm having a rather tough time converting from Autocad to ACE.

Thanks,

Michael Goolsby

Message 4 of 5
sonny3g

There are no standards for cross reference codes.  I have used codes like ac1, dc1, g1 to represent the ac signal ref #1, dc signal ref #1 and ground ref #1.  I have also used vfd1_12 for VFD #1 pin 12 and etc.  What you want to focus on is what is useful to you and what you will easily remember when placing destinations down many sheets later.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 5 of 5
Icemanau

When you say cross reference, it usually means a co-ordinate system to locate items in the dwgs. This is set up for each individual dwg in the Drawing Properties->Drawing Format. Click on the setup button in the Format Reference box after selecting which type of cross referencing you require.

I use a X-Y Grid with A-H going down from the top and numerical going across the top. You will need to setup the origin point and spacing for it to work correctly.

The Cross Reference tab under Drawing Properties controls what data is displayed in the cross reference. You can have various options in there to give you different read outs. Click on the Help button and read through the Cross Reference Format help section and then click on the link to read the list of replaceable parameters that can be used in cross referencing.

For instance %P will include the project code, %I will do the same with the installation code and %L will do likewise with the location code.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost