AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid wire numbeee

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
huyvu90
380 Views, 3 Replies

invalid wire numbeee

Can somebody help me determine why autocad tag wire #5 as #5 instead of #2?  I tried to fix the problem by deleting the wire and wire number.  After that I re inserted the wire and then wire tagged it again.   When I tagged the new wire, I autocad still tagged it as wire #5.

When I retag the wire, part of the wire was highlighted in red (as seen in the last pix) and autocad reported an invalid gap pointer error.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: huyvu90

Invalid wire Pointer means that ACADE considers it a seperate wire.

It is possible that you have a duplicate line which ACADE would consider a seperate wire.

First off, select everything to do with the wire by using a selection box and then type OVERKILL. go through at let the command check for duplicate lines and it will remove them as required. Now do a full project rebuild.

Next step is to Check/Repair the Gap pointers. (found in the wires section). This will make sure that any pointers to the crossover loops are correct. If not, they will be repaired so as to mak a proper wire.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 4
huyvu90

I typed "Overkill" in autocad but is not a valid command.  I'm using autocad electrical 2011 btw.

Anyway, I deleted the entire wire and redraw the wire.  I number tagged it again and this time the wire was tagged with the correct wire #.  I'm not sure why it didn't work the first time I did it.

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau

Overkill is one of the Express tools commands. You may want to load these...

As for redrawing the wire, that's one way around the problem.

If you had to delete the wire in seperate sections, that indicates the gap pointers were faulty which the gap pointer repair tool would have fixed.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost