AutoCAD Electrical General

Contributor
shades234
Message 11 of 12 (99 Views)

Re: internal wiring of custom symbol

05-02-2013 07:40 AM in reply to: algerj

Wow. thanks for the response.

yes, the 24C-BB came from a custom TB (we use Phoenix Contact TBs, and the way we use them in practice does not seem to work well with ohw the TB tool in ACE works).  I still find it odd that the wire between  pins 2 and 8 needs to pull data from "upstream" equipment, but I didn't write the code for ACE.

But I guess this is getting beyond complicated.  When I run the report, I export to Excel, and then modify it (cell lines, add columns for length of wire, etc) before bringing it in as an OLE piece.  It's just as easy to copy the info in those Columns.  I was hoping to avoid that w/o any additional hassle.

Ohwell.

Thanks for your help.

Distinguished Contributor
s.wile
Message 12 of 12 (90 Views)

Re: internal wiring of custom symbol

05-03-2013 12:28 PM in reply to: shades234

You could place the parent and child as needed and run all internal wires. Then save this as a saved circuit. This will allow placing as a single block but it is then exploded and turned back into wires and symbols.

This will be easy to place, create a proper BOM, and have correct wiring.

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community