AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting iec component from the icon menu

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
samer.ghattas
1278 Views, 2 Replies

inserting iec component from the icon menu

Dear Sirs,

i need to inquire about the following situation:

im using autocad electrical 2014, every time i try inserting on of the iec components from the icon menu i receive a message file not found.

ex: when inserting "the push button no" i receive a message which contains the following : "File not found:VPB11S75.DWG".

kindly check the attached ACAD.jpg attachment.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
OP21
in reply to: samer.ghattas

Couple of things to validate:

1. Check your paths under: Tools/ Options / Files -> Support file search path(s) to see if your librairies and trusted locations are listed.
  2. Go to the Project tab -> Manager.Right Mouse Click the active project -> select properties.. In the project properties window, go to Project Settings and expand your schematic and panel libraries.  These sub selections will point to which libraries and menus are used for your project.  Check the paths and add or remove what is needed.

Hope this gets you closer to a solution and if it does, please "Accept as Solution" and as always Kudos are appreciated!

Omar

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 3 of 3

This usually means that you don't have your project pointing to a valid library folder path, or that you didn't choose to install the library by selecting it in the options during the installation process.  If you go to project properties you can verify the schematic library and menu assignment and also the panel library and menu assignment for a project.  The ability to assign the library of choice at project level is one of the many advantages of AutoCAD Electrical.  As you activate a project for editing, you get the library and menu assignments assigned to that project only.

Hint: While in Project Properties if you select the Schematic Libraries category and click the button labeled Default AutoCAD Electrical will automatically assign the default library you chose when you installed the software (see attached screen capture).  This same method works for assigning the panel library and both the schematic and panel menus.  The default can be changed in the wd.env file, located in the AeData folder (see attached screen captures).

To install additional libraries go to Windows Control Panel>Programs and Features and click on AutoCAD Electrical.  Choose to Uninstall/Change.  Select Add or Remove Features.  The next screen allows you to select or deselect manufacturer content.  Click Next at the bottom right of this dialog to advance to the next dialog, where you select additional symbol libraries.  Check the box for the libraries you wish to add, and click Next; then click Update and wait until the update is complete.

@samer.ghattas wrote:

Dear Sirs,

i need to inquire about the following situation:

im using autocad electrical 2014, every time i try inserting on of the iec components from the icon menu i receive a message file not found.

ex: when inserting "the push button no" i receive a message which contains the following : "File not found:VPB11S75.DWG".

kindly check the attached ACAD.jpg attachment.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost