AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert 3 pole circuit breaker(magneto)

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
Dan_Margulius
3702 Views, 19 Replies

insert 3 pole circuit breaker(magneto)

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Forgot to write for first time 🙂 The question is how to place 3 ploes breakers on 3 wires and more and link them as they link themselfs while using ICON MENU. Thanks, Dan
Message 3 of 20
Icemanau
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

There is a command associated with the 2 and 3 pole functions in the Icon Menu. This command is wd_3unit for 3 pole and wd_2unit for 2 pole. You can also add extra poles by adding the child name after the parent name to add up to however many poles you need.

However you can not use this in the command line (in 2008 at least). If you have a new symbol for a 3 pole item that you use a lot, you are better off making adding an Icon to call this command. Just make sure to have both horizontal and vertical version of the Parent and Child blocks in your search path.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 4 of 20
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: Icemanau

Ok Thanks , found it.

dan

Message 5 of 20
Justin2012

Brad,

Where is the library for this 2 & 3 pole symbols located? I wanted to touch it up to meet our std but can't find it.

I don't want to save the symbol to the ICON MENU but will prefer to add it to a my Catalog List. Please, how can I make this to happen with the wd_xxx - that is, when I insert my components fromf mylist it "link" automatiaclly & etc just like the Insert from ICON MENU.

Thanks

Message 6 of 20
Icemanau
in reply to: Justin2012

There are no dedicated 2 or 3 pole symbols in ACADE when it is first installed.

What happens is that ACADE will install a single pole symbol and then add however many child blocks to make the numbers required. This means that varying wire gaps can be accomadated without having to modify the symbol each time.

You can make your own 2 or 3 pole symbols but you lose the ability to use them on varying wire gaps.

Regards Brad

Message 7 of 20
Justin2012

So what you are saying is it is not possible? We work on a shared network...do you know of any other way to achieve this without going through the ICON MENU? It is too much too add a parent, then child then link lines... I will prefer to add it as it is with the ICON MENU but using a list or other folder.

Please advise...thx

Message 8 of 20
Justin2012

I am just follwiing up the previous question. If it is not feasible, please let me know so I can brainstorm another ways to do this.

Thanks for the help.

Message 9 of 20
btackes

In the Icon menu you add a command instead of a symbol.  The command is WD_3UNIT (parent symbol name).

Example: WD_3UNIT HFU1

That command will insert the parent symbol HFU1for horizontial rungs and VFU1 for vertical rungs in the first rung and child symbol HFU2for horizontial rungs and VFU2 for vertical rungs other 2 rungs.

Just create your own symbols and use the parent symbol name in the command.

Message 10 of 20
Justin2012
in reply to: btackes

I understand all of that...

My question is, how can I create and save it as a symbol component on my hard drive (NOT on my ICON MENU) so when I insert it in a drawing, it acts the same like inserting it using the ICON MENU.

Thanks

Message 11 of 20
btackes

If you don't want to use the icon menu you'll have to use ace_multipol lisp.

Example:(c:ace_multipole "HFU1" 3 (getpoint "Select InsertionPoint:") nil))

Message 12 of 20
Justin2012

I don't know how to use LISP..

I guess I will have to figure something else.

Thanks for the help though.

Message 13 of 20
btackes

(c:ace_multipole "HFU1" 3 (getpoint "Select InsertionPoint:") nil)) is the command to use just substitute your parent symbol name for HFU1 and change 3 to the number of poles you need.  this command can be pasted into the command line, put behind a custom button or added to a tool pallete.

Message 14 of 20
Justin2012

How can I save this as a block or add it to a LIST?

Message 15 of 20
Justin2012

Any guidance on the above question? Please advise if it is not possible so I can figure another route. Thanks!!

Message 16 of 20
Icemanau

A BLOCK is a dwg file that is inserted into another dwg.

What you are asking about is a COMMAND that inserts a block multiple times and links them together.

This is totally seperate from the block and can not be saved anywhere except on the icon menu or as a lisp.

It can NOT be saved as a block.

Regards Brad

Message 17 of 20
helpdesk.cad

Hello,

Insert it once using the icon-menu.

Use WBLOCK to save it to your harddrive

Use "Insert Wblocked Circuit" (AEWBCIRCUIT) to insert it.

Is it this what you are looking for?

Jos

Message 18 of 20
Justin2012
in reply to: helpdesk.cad

I think so but I will prefer an option that will ask if I want a single, double, triple & etc pole. Is this possible? This will make it really easy and reduce creating different blocks. 

Thanks

Message 19 of 20
Icemanau

Justin, I suggest you go back and start reading this post from the beginning.

The original question was on how to do this.

Using the commands given as part of the answer, you only need to create at most, TWO blocks.

For a CB or similar device that does not have an external power supply, you need a parent block and a child block.

For contacts or devices that have a external power supply, you only need the child contact.

The commands given in the answer then insert the specified block and the appropriate number of child blocks, puts the mechanical link in place, and ties the additional child blocks to the first block installed.

These commands can be placed on the icon menu so all you need to do is click on the appropriate command to insert a 1, 2, 3 or more pole block. No extra questions needed.

Regards Brad

Message 20 of 20
gtbreakers

I'm going to have to agree, but the only type of circuit breakers that need mention are cutler hammer circuit breakers and of course westinghouse circuit breakers which both offer 3 pole breakers with various amps and volts.  Also make sure you specify if you're looking for molded case or insulated case breakers.

Ultimately use the molded case and insulated case icons to represent the proper breaker from the correct manufacturer when working via Magneto.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost