AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutodeskAmigo
Message 1 of 3 (94 Views)

hiperlinks

94 Views, 2 Replies
01-26-2012 06:40 AM

Hi !, May I use hyperlinks to microsoft excel documents from autocad electrical ?. If it is possible to do, how can I do it ?. Thank you for your answers. :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 2 of 3 (82 Views)

Re: hiperlinks

01-26-2012 11:45 PM in reply to: AutodeskAmigo

Yes you can.  Copy the spreadsheet file, or specific cells, to your paste buffer.  Open the AutoCAD drawing where you wish to insert the spreadsheet and click Paste Special from the Home Menu tab.  Select Past Link and click OK.  Position the table on your drawing as desired.  To edit the Excel spreadsheet select the table, right click and select OLE>Open, or double-click the text in one of the cells.  This opens the spreadsheet for editing.  After you save and exit Excel you will be returned to your drawing and the table will be updated.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Contributor
leeholl
Message 3 of 3 (72 Views)

Re: hiperlinks

01-27-2012 01:33 PM in reply to: AutodeskAmigo

I am unclear if you want to embed a document as Doug explained, or hyperlink to a document from a draing entity? If the latter, you can add a hyperlink by:

1. Select an entity
  2. Type PROPERTIES at the command line
  3. Browse to the file by clicking the browse button in the Hyperlink field of the properties dialog

Once yo have added a hyperlink, your cursor will change to include a small world-globe in the crosshairs when you hover over the entity that has the hyperlink. To open the hyperlink, hold down the CTRL key as you click on the entity.

-Lee

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community