AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hiperlinks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AutodeskAmigo
191 Views, 2 Replies

hiperlinks

Hi !, May I use hyperlinks to microsoft excel documents from autocad electrical ?. If it is possible to do, how can I do it ?. Thank you for your answers. Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Yes you can.  Copy the spreadsheet file, or specific cells, to your paste buffer.  Open the AutoCAD drawing where you wish to insert the spreadsheet and click Paste Special from the Home Menu tab.  Select Past Link and click OK.  Position the table on your drawing as desired.  To edit the Excel spreadsheet select the table, right click and select OLE>Open, or double-click the text in one of the cells.  This opens the spreadsheet for editing.  After you save and exit Excel you will be returned to your drawing and the table will be updated.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
leeholl
in reply to: AutodeskAmigo

I am unclear if you want to embed a document as Doug explained, or hyperlink to a document from a draing entity? If the latter, you can add a hyperlink by:

1. Select an entity
  2. Type PROPERTIES at the command line
  3. Browse to the file by clicking the browse button in the Hyperlink field of the properties dialog

Once yo have added a hyperlink, your cursor will change to include a small world-globe in the crosshairs when you hover over the entity that has the hyperlink. To open the hyperlink, hold down the CTRL key as you click on the entity.

-Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost