AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help importing an excel file in elect06

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jde777
200 Views, 1 Reply

help importing an excel file in elect06

i need help with the format of an excel spreadsheet that i have created which contains all plc io for a project. where and with what terminology do i specify contact, push button, ect. thanks for any help
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: jde777

Go to your USER folder and look at the file demoplc.xls. Use that file as a guide for syntax. The best is to copy demoplc.xls and rename it for your project. Then use it as a starting point and edit to match your needs. You must name the PLC I/O the same name as they are called when inserting using the Parametric PLC insert tool. The discrete components must be named according to their block name in the library folder, but you do not have to put the .DWG extension. For example if you want a normally open pushbutton, call for HPB11 under the D1BLK column. The discrete block entries are denoted by red text. If you don't know the name of a block, place one down on a drawing and double-click it. The block name will appear at the top of the Enhanced Attribute Editor dialog popup. You can also type list at the command prompt and click on the block. After you have done this a while you start memorizing your favorites.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost