AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

global font change

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2341 Views, 2 Replies

global font change

We have a client that now has decided they want the project done in ".txt" font not simplex (our standard). I have been able to to change all the attributes using the project utilities tab. Is there a way to change all the regular text globally for the entire project? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

It's not an Electrical command but I've used the AutoCAD Filter command to select all dumb TEXT on one drawing.  Set the search for TEXT, Click Apply, and Type ALL at the command line when prompted to select objects.  This will grip all text on the page and you can use Properties to change them all at once.  Plain text is not tracked by Electrical, with the exception of all the rung numbers, (the ones below the top rung number for each ladder - top one is a block) and the dimension text that is used by the Wire Color/Gauge Label tool.  You can use DIMSTYLE to modify the wire color/gauge labels.  You have to re-insert the wire color/gauge labels for changes to take affect.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I had already exhausted all of those avenues before I wrote for help. I have over 190 dwgs in my project so was looking for a quicker property change for the whole project. Thanks anyway for answering. Now on to see if the client is willing to pay for this change.

Maybe you can answer me one more question, why does Autocad use the .txt font as its default for standard style text out of the box? I find it very old school and looks haphazard and jagged when completed on a dwg. I have found a lot of Cad users don't even realize the font is different from style with text, something that can make or break a good Cad dwg. 

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost