AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fuse in terminal strip

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
316 Views, 3 Replies

fuse in terminal strip

I am new, so if this is a silly question please feel free to enlighten me.

I am designing a panel in AcadE '06. I have started by defining my I/O schematics, inserting terminals where appropriate. In those same schematics, I would like to insert a fuse which is linked to a fuse holder. This fuse holder is DIN-rail mounted, so I would like to assign it a terminal number and have it show up on the terminal strip in the appropriate place along with the other "normal" terminals on that same terminal strip.

Any suggestions? I've been beating my head against a wall for days on this, and I would really appreciate any help or tips. Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is an example of a fuseblock terminal that I created. It allows both the addition of the fuse rating and it will place in the panel terminal strip according to terminal number.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I also have my schematic component fully spec'd out and it seems to be working fine, assuming a terminal number, location, fuse rating, etc.

The main issue I'm having now is getting the rating to carry over to the block I created for the panel layout. It appears that it matches up the schematic to panel block based on manufacturer and part number. With that in mind I have a matching panel component with the "rating1" attribute, but it still won't carry the rating over from the schematic to the panel layout.

I think I remember seeing that in the forums elsewhere, am looking now.

Thanks for your help - I took a few ideas from what you had created.
Message 4 of 4
testsubject

No problem. I am glad to help.

I think that this is an ongoing issue that has already beeen logged for evalution. I seem to remember reading it earlier.

Maybe someone from Autodesk can confirm...

Robert Hanrahan
Weight Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1998

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost