AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

din rail insertion

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
april_herr
481 Views, 6 Replies

din rail insertion

I am inserting din rail onto my panel layout.  I added a different standoff for the din rail than what is brought in from choosing the standoff option in the dialog box.  I can get the first one to change to my new one, but how do I get the whole strip to be my new standoffs?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sonny3g
in reply to: april_herr

Did you modify your wddinrl.xls all the way across? 

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 3 of 7
april_herr
in reply to: sonny3g

Ok- I actually had no idea that file existed!  Thank you, I found it.  When I add entries to this file, are they put into the catalog also?  Or do I need to add them to the catalog?

April

Message 4 of 7
april_herr

Let's back up a step:

I chose the din rail from my icon menu.  When I choose my length, I then mark the standoff option.  Once I hit ok, the first menu that comes up is for the dinrail.  I click ok and the next menu is for the standoffs.  I changed the part number (had to add it) and again click ok.  Then a dialog box comes up asking if I want to change the footprint block.  When I hit yes, change it, only the first one is changed.

So you are saying I should first change the .xls file?  Do I do this each time?  Is there a source I can go to to learn more about this process?

Thank you,

April

Message 5 of 7
sonny3g

I have never used the stand-offs option.  However, you can adde or delete entries from the wddinrl.xls file as needed.   We do not use white panduit so we deleted them, we do use other sizes so we added those.  We do not want mounting holes to be shown on panduit so we deleted the mounting hole information from their entires.

I have also added entries for unitstrut and some 8020 that we use for mounitngs and such.

I have not found any extensive instructions for modifying the wddinrl.xls and have just had to experiment.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
Message 6 of 7
april_herr

I will start experimenting with this file- one last question:  Do I copy and modify this file for each project?  Or is it just one file and modify each time?

Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
sonny3g

You want to make a copy of the original and save it so you can always return to it if you mess it up.  Otherwise, you only have one file and it works for all projects.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost