AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross referencing catalogs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
342 Views, 1 Reply

cross referencing catalogs

I have been asked to determine whether or not it is possible to have "filtered" component libraries.  To elaborate a little more, essentially, my boss is looking to cut down on the time it takes to search for components when working on projects.

So is it possible to create a library of components consisting only of the components necessary to complete a specific project.

Project 1 uses Components A-M

Project 2 uses Components N-Z

Can I create a filtered library dedicated to Project 1 that only contains components A-M?

and then have another library dedicated to Project 2 that only contains components N-Z?

in addition to this, is it possible to cross-reference the libraries in the same project?

Maybe Project 1 uses components A-M, but for a single instance, it requires a component between N-Z.  Can the project 2 library be cross-referenced when the default catalog for the project only contains A-M?

I hope you understand what I am trying to accomplish

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
leeholl
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you talking about the catalog data or the symbol libraries? If the catalog data, you can reduce the data in that database, and create as many different databases as you like. The database refrenced by a project is configured in the Project Settings. You can also add a secondary database for ssearches that do not find what you are looking for, by clicking on the "Other File" button and selecting the Optional (secondary lookup database) for the project.

Regards,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost