AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating component without any error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
urvashe
464 Views, 5 Replies

creating component without any error

after creating electrical component , it shows error "component connection with on connected wires" in electrical audit.

how to create schematic component without such type of errors.

thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: urvashe

Please post a block that brings up the error in question.

This will allow us to take a close look at the block and see what the problem may be.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
urvashe
in reply to: Icemanau

I am attatching screen shot for review also attatching bock of power monitor.

Message 4 of 6
Flapsie
in reply to: urvashe

What we have decided is to disregard those errors...
"Component - no connections" and "Wire - No Connection" always comes up with errors no matter what we do...
Message 5 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: Flapsie

The reason you are getting those component errors is due to the fact that the block has connection points that are not being used.

This is common for a lot of blocks and the errors can safely be ignored.

The same sort of reason for the wire errors.

There will be wires in your dwg that are not connected to anything. Usually these are the ends of rungs or a bus system.

Sometimes you will get a situation where one wire is overlapped by another and a trim only removes the visible portion or a component/wire number removal will leave a stub that is covered by the main wire.

Another situation I have noticed is that sometimes a wire will look like it's connected but may be partially covered or covering the block.

This one is usually caused by people using the standard ACAD move command rather than the MOVE COMPONENT command of electrical.

Again, it is safe to ignore these errors unless you are having trouble with wire number placement or propagation throughout the connected wires.

In this case, run a dwg audit, then the OVERKILL commandbefore finally doing a project rebuild.

If you still have those errors turning up while having problems with the wire numbers, you will need to go to each location of the error and correct it if required.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
ccad2509
in reply to: Icemanau

this is another area where acade falls down which i'm not happy with

its either a genuine error which must be corrected or its a warning to be carefully viewed and ignored

now if its a genuine error there must be a mechanism to correct it

now if its a warning then there also must be a mechanism to mark this warning and to get it to be ignored on the next audit

just saying ignore the error is fundementaly wrong

i'm currently struggling with someone else's project which had over 20,000 errors now i'm down to 4000 errors and i would say 75%+ are what are deemed to be a warning but hidden in this mass are more serious problems which i'm slowly working my way through this is costing time and money and needless to say my client is not happy with the costs being incurred he understands the issue and needles to say is not impressed with the capabilities of acade  with this particular functionality ( i have to cover my back and justify the extra expense with the client by trashing acade which is not a good thing )

Icemanau using overkill never occure to me even though i used it extensivley with flatten when i'm working with 3 d models which were effectively needed to converted into a 2d view  (another client request)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost