AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

component tag format

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Automati0n
4132 Views, 4 Replies

component tag format

Ho do i set component tag format  Sheet/Family/Vgrid/Hgrid

default tag format is %F%N

and Ho do i set Relay tag "K" become "R"  always insert relay component i have to typing R

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
zalant
in reply to: Automati0n

The various replaceable parameters which can be used for component tagging can be found here:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2012/Help/0253-Drawing_253/0255-Use_repl255

I don't see variables there for Vgrid and Hgrid, though.

For your question about relay tags, I'm not quite sure I follow.  Please provide more details about your process (exact button clicks, commands, etc).

Zac Travis
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

For the Default component tag, it is controlled by the block for the symbol. so if you want to change the default tag, you need to change the default value for the TAG1 attribute in the symbol block drawing.

Such as for the IEC Relay Coil, you want to change the "K" to "R"

1. You can find the symbol in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Acade 2012\Libs\iec2\VCR1.dwg

2. Open the dwg file

3. Double-click the TAG1 attribute

4. Change the default value from "K" to "R" in the Edit Attribute Definition dialog, then OK

5. Save the symbol again.

Now when you insert the IEC Relay coil, the default tag will be "R".

Note:

1. Please Purge your drawing when you try to insert the updated symbol

2. You can hover your mouse over the icon in the Insert Component dialog, then you will know the block name in the tooltip, and you will find the same dwg file name in the symbol lib folder.

Thanks,

Robin Shou

Quality Assurance

AutoCAD Electrical

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5

Don't forget that most blocks that come with ACADE have two versions....

The Horizontal and Vertical version. The only difference between the two block names is the first character.

Vertical starts with a 'V' whereas Horizontal starts with 'H'.

If you modify a block, you must make the same modification to the paired block to keep them the same.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

I know this is an old post but just in case someone else encounters the need to override the built-in tag letters, without editing the blocks, you can also do this by creating a simple text file named wd_fam.dat.  Like Brad sad, there are vertical and horizontal versions of most of the blocks so you would need to edit all versions.  Instead of editing the blocks, just create the wd_fam.dat file and place it inside of the project folder.  Inside of the file key in the current tag letter(s) followed by a comma and the tag letter(s) you prefer.  If you need to do more than one, place each on a separate line.  The example below can convert the tag letters from the JIC library to the approved class designation letters outlined in Annex E of NFPA-79.  The software always searches for one of these files in a project folder when it performs auto-tagging.  If found it overrides the default tag letter(s) that are inside the TAG1 attribute of the blocks.

MOT,MTR
PE,PEC
PX,PRS
PW,PWS
FS,FLS
FLT,FS
TD,TR
XF,T
LR,CRL
DS,DISC
PJ,PL
SU,SUP

There is more detail about this on the Tips/Tricks page at www.ecadconsultant.com.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost