AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bytes vs. words with 16 point I/O modules

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Tim_L
260 Views, 2 Replies

bytes vs. words with 16 point I/O modules

Hi,

There is a PLC brand I want to use that is not in the ‘out of the box’ manufactures.  Using the Parametric build tool I have adapted the AB 1746-IV16 module to work for my application.  Due to the remote I/O mapping of our most commonly used remote I/O nodes our programmers like to see the PLC addressing presented in 8-bit groups i.e. I:00/00 – I:00/07, I:01/00 –I:01/07.  I have not been able to find a feature in ACE that will do this during the parametric insertion process.  I have been manually editing the modules after insertion.  Is there an easier way to configure the 16 point card address format to increment by bytes rather than by words?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
testsubject
in reply to: Tim_L

That is found in the Module Specifications of the PLC Database Editor. The setting is called Base Addressing.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 3
Tim_L
in reply to: testsubject

Not quite what I was expecting but I think the format can be presented in such a way our programmers will buy off on it.  That will save me a lot of time.  Thanks very much.

Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost