AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block swap

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lewparsell
220 Views, 3 Replies

block swap

Is there a way of changing a block that has been updated in several drawings in different projects all using the same block. can you do this at one time or must you open each dwg one at a time.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You can swap or update a block project wide. You will need to activate each project separately and execute the swap/update block command.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
lewparsell
in reply to: lewparsell

thanks for the info. what i wound up doing was a little creative thinking! i created a bogus project called "lew" then i added all of the DWG's that had the bad block in them. then i ran block swap project wide. it took 20 min to run but when it was done all DWG's were fixed and saved. it worked quit well saved me a days worth of work.
Message 4 of 4

Nice work! That's using your head.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost