AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto wire numbering

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
lewparsell
211 Views, 6 Replies

auto wire numbering

I'M USING ACE06 I HAVE 4 SEPARATE DRAWINGS IN MY PROJECT MANGER ALL 4 UNDER 1 PROJECT NAME WHEN I USE AUTO WIRE NUMBER IN THE SEQUENTIAL MODE AND DOING PROJECT WIDE ALL 4 DWG START WITH WIRE #1 AND NOT CONTINUAL LIKE I WANT DWG 2 WIRE # STARTING WITH THE LAST # OF DWG 1 I'VE TRIED SEVERAL WAY TO FIX THIS WITH NO LUCK INCLUDING DELETING THE *.MDB FILE PLEASE ADVISE AS TO WHAT TO DO NEXT.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cawaugh
in reply to: lewparsell

I don't know what you tried but have you tried the "Sequential (consecutive drawing to drawing)"?
See attached bmp.
Message 3 of 7
lewparsell

YES I TRIED THAT WITH NO LUCK I DID IT FROM THE AUTO WIRE MENU AND THE PROJECT MANAGER MENU. IN YOUR *.BMP YOU START WITH 01 I USED 1 I DON'T BELIEVE THIS TO BY THE PROBLEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.
Message 4 of 7
cawaugh

Why don't you send me an email with your telephone number and we'll chat. email: cawaugh@mmm.com
Message 5 of 7

Be sure to click on the drawing configuration and change the sheet number. You cannot have the same sheet number on multiple sheets. It is a common error when working with templates to forget to change the sheet number assignment in the drawing configuration. The program uses this value for sheet based referencing.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 6 of 7
lewparsell

THANK YOU THAT DID THE TRICK WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DRAWING # AND SHEET #
Message 7 of 7

Drawing number is the "part number" of the document itself. The %D value that the system can dump into a "smart border". This could be helpful if each sheet of your drawing is tracked by a specific part number. Most projects I work on have one part number assigned to the entire drawing set, so I have a line in the project_wdtitle.wdl file that prompts me for drawing part number. I have an attribute in my border named DWGNO that I have mapped with the WD_TB attribute so ACE dumps the drawing part number to DWGNO automatically. The value you enter in Sheet Number %S can also be dumped into a smart border. I never enter anything manually into my borders manually.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost