AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attribute sizes upon insert

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sparky_mike
3595 Views, 2 Replies

attribute sizes upon insert

Morning guys,

Does anyone know the best method for adjusting attribute sizes to blocks and wire number sizes etc. when inserting a component, or auto wire numbering?

I have been using the utilities to perform project wide changes to sizes, but would like to have it inserted correctly rather than fixing it later.

ACADE 2013

Thanks,

Sparky

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
drathak
in reply to: sparky_mike

You could go about that a couple of ways.  You could edit every symbol, which I don't reccomend, or you can set the Scale factor in your project properties.  In the attached image you can see the drawing style tab and the help file's explaination of the "Scale" options.

I think that's what you are looking for.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: drathak

If it's going to be a permenant change, you are better off using the Modify Library tool and setting the text heights with that.

Using this tool, you can set the individual heights for attributes, change fonts and a couple of other tools.

Be warned that using this tool WILL tie your system up for a fair while. It opens each block in the specified library directory, makes the changes and saves the block. It is best to run this tool just before you finish work for the night and let it run overnight.

In ACADE 2008 it is under the Modify Symbol Library sub menu of the Components drop down menu.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost