AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apphangb1 during component lookup

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2038 Views, 6 Replies

apphangb1 during component lookup

my Autocad electrical hang during do component lookup, the message default_cat.mdg not responding, when i check for detail found this error message "apphangb1".

we are use network license, other users work fine only my computer having this problem.

is it related to project file (.wdp) ?

for further info plese refer to the error detail:

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: acad.exe

Application Version: 24.2.51.0

Application Timestamp: 4d4b77cd

Hang Signature: 2472

Hang Type: 0

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

any body can help me???

Message 3 of 7
PatMurnen_Adsk

This is out of my area of expertise so I asked someone else here to look at this. In the meantime can you provide more information such as AcadE version, Windows version, is there anything different about your computer? Maybe post a video (use Jing or something like that) showing your steps. If you place a copy of the catalog database locally does it work then?

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 7
mathalekar

We can not reproduce your issue both on 2011 & 2012 releases. I would like to understand more to make sure something is not missed out. As you say, your machine is giving some issue and others user are working well, is there some particular instance due to which now you can not work on your system which was working good previously. As Pat mentions please do a small sanity check by placing default_cat.mdb on your local drive and see if it is still the case. Please let us know you ACADE version, SP details as well see if you are seeing any PDS (Project Database Services) errors (if any) reported while working by ACADE. If some errors are ocured then they are visible on right bottom corner of your screen.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mathalekar

I'm using electrical 2012 product version F.51.0.0. with win 7 professional.

i'm also using default atalog from the local/default setting as well only active the default wdp (iec_sample).

there is no error message in the PDS. i belive some setting missout in my computer.

Message 6 of 7
RobinShou-Autodesk

Hello,

Thank you for the information provided. but with the information, we still don't know the problem very clear.

Can you provide more information for the issue?

1. You are using the network license, so you should have the Default_Cat.mdb in a server, not in your local machine. And for the Default_cat.mdb, all the other users are using the same default_cat.mdb database in the server. please confirm.

2. How your install the ACE2012 in your machine, you install it by standalone install or by network deployment install? Standalone install means that just click the Install button after you launch the ACE2012 installer; and network deployment install means that some admin in your company create the deployment first in a server, and may be make it shared libaraies to make the default_cat.mdb file in a server, then you install the deployment from the server in your local machine.

3. if the default_cat.mdb is in a server, can you make sure the network is ok from your local machine to the server?

4. can you post a video or screenshot to show your issue? then we can understand your issues more clear.

5. the issue happens just after you install the ACE, or it is ok when you install the ACE, then after some operation, it is broken?

6. Can you do a backup for your data, and uninstall the ACE then install the ACE again to fix the issue?

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
AutoCAD Electrical
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: RobinShou-Autodesk

I have a client that is experiencing this across several PC's over the last few days, I have a copy of the information from the error and the error does not show as an error, it shows as an option in their case. 

Options being: Wait for the Program, Close the Program, 

This information is found under the possible Problems butten on this same pallet.

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:   AppHangB1

Application Name:     acad.exe

Application Version:  24.1.49.0

Application Timestamp:      4b723a17

Hang Signature: dba6

Hang Type:      256

OS Version:     6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:      1033

Additional Hang Signature 1:      dba61ec1578a00ec2e31773421d33013

Additional Hang Signature 2:      e6c9

Additional Hang Signature 3:      e6c9044d0df6216908b7d9028c9894cf

Additional Hang Signature 4:      dba6

Additional Hang Signature 5:      dba61ec1578a00ec2e31773421d33013

Additional Hang Signature 6:      e6c9

Additional Hang Signature 7:      e6c9044d0df6216908b7d9028c9894cf

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

So far I have not found a solution and changing the options in the Certificates does not help and I do not beleive that the program is causing this problem, I feel it has something to do with a currupt DLL, Registry Entry or network setting change.

For several PC's to go down all at once like this just does not make sense as a program error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost