AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding DIN Rail to project

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ronesmith
1362 Views, 4 Replies

adding DIN Rail to project

when I try to add dinrail to drawing I get cannot find or cannot open WDWINRL.XLS. How do I fix this

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: ronesmith

Make sure that the XLS file is in the Catalogs folder.  If you can perform a Catalog Lookup you should be able to insert DIN rail.  The wddinrl.xls file is in the same folder as defaukt_cat.mdb. 

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 5
Icemanau

I've attached the 2008 version of wddinrl.xls in case you can't find it. Do a search for default_cat.mdb and place this file in the same directory.

This has a couple of entries that we use here but still have the ones that come with ACADE.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 4 of 5
ronesmith

I added your wddinrl.xls and it is located in the catalog directory with the default cat.mdb but still won't open

Message 5 of 5
PatMurnen_Adsk

You are trying to insert the din rail from the Panel icon menu, right? If it can't find the wddinrl.xls file you will get a message saying it can't be found along with a long list of folders it is looking in. Put the file in one of those folders and it should work.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost