AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Contributor
ronesmith
Message 1 of 5 (968 Views)

adding DIN Rail to project

968 Views, 4 Replies
11-11-2010 10:16 AM

when I try to add dinrail to drawing I get cannot find or cannot open WDWINRL.XLS. How do I fix this

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 2 of 5 (940 Views)

Re: adding DIN Rail to project

11-12-2010 10:17 AM in reply to: ronesmith

Make sure that the XLS file is in the Catalogs folder.  If you can perform a Catalog Lookup you should be able to insert DIN rail.  The wddinrl.xls file is in the same folder as defaukt_cat.mdb. 

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 3 of 5 (896 Views)

11-16-2010 02:27 PM in reply to: ronesmith

I've attached the 2008 version of wddinrl.xls in case you can't find it. Do a search for default_cat.mdb and place this file in the same directory.

This has a couple of entries that we use here but still have the ones that come with ACADE.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

Contributor
ronesmith
Message 4 of 5 (652 Views)

02-10-2011 06:46 AM in reply to: ronesmith

I added your wddinrl.xls and it is located in the catalog directory with the default cat.mdb but still won't open

Employee
murnenp
Message 5 of 5 (620 Views)

02-15-2011 10:42 AM in reply to: ronesmith

You are trying to insert the din rail from the Panel icon menu, right? If it can't find the wddinrl.xls file you will get a message saying it can't be found along with a long list of folders it is looking in. Put the file in one of those folders and it should work.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Information Modeling and Platform Products Group

Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community