AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding DIN Rail to project

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ronesmith
1367 Views, 4 Replies

adding DIN Rail to project

when I try to add dinrail to drawing I get cannot find or cannot open WDWINRL.XLS. How do I fix this

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: ronesmith

Make sure that the XLS file is in the Catalogs folder.  If you can perform a Catalog Lookup you should be able to insert DIN rail.  The wddinrl.xls file is in the same folder as defaukt_cat.mdb. 

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 5
Icemanau

I've attached the 2008 version of wddinrl.xls in case you can't find it. Do a search for default_cat.mdb and place this file in the same directory.

This has a couple of entries that we use here but still have the ones that come with ACADE.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
ronesmith

I added your wddinrl.xls and it is located in the catalog directory with the default cat.mdb but still won't open

Message 5 of 5
PatMurnen_Adsk

You are trying to insert the din rail from the Panel icon menu, right? If it can't find the wddinrl.xls file you will get a message saying it can't be found along with a long list of folders it is looking in. Put the file in one of those folders and it should work.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost