AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acade 2012 Catalog lookup very slow + delay with Term. strip editor preview

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
leenvanderkooij2867
827 Views, 8 Replies

acade 2012 Catalog lookup very slow + delay with Term. strip editor preview

After upgrading from Acade 2010 to 2012 we have a very slow performance with the Catalog lookup and

layout preview of the terminal strip editor.

When one of our 15 users is opening the Default_Cat.mdb with a component Lookup action, a Default_cat.ldb (Record-Locking) file is appering. When this default_cat.ldb is open all of our usere have a 15 sec. delay during there catalog lookup.

After closing of the catalog lookup this .ldb file is NOT disappearing. Sometimes when I close acade this .ldb file will not disappear. Other moments this file dissapear directly when I close the calalog lookup.

When I' am the only user this .ldb file is opening an closing with no problem, but when more users are starts using acade 2102 this .ldb file stay open for many hours.

We have already reduced the size of this Default_cat.mdb file as much as possble, current size 8.2 Mb.

This cleanup of the database don't effect this slow catalog lookup.

When a report is generated this .ldb file is also apearing and is disapearing only when this user performs a catalog lookup.

It is clear that this problem is related to sharing the database with all the users.

We have the same problem with the Footprint_looup.mdb database and the .ldb file. The terminal strip layout preview is very slow.Who can help me with this big performance issue?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hello leenvanderkooij2867,

Thank you very much for reporting this issue. We have validate the issue in ACE2012, it is reproducible.

So We have logged the issue into our issue system, and will consider a fix in the future release if possible.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
AutoCAD Electrical
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9

Hi, I have the same problem in autocad electrical 2013. Lookup are very slow and the .ldb don't close.

Any solution for that ?

Message 4 of 9

Until Autocad finds a solution we copy the default_cat.mdb to the harddisk of the PC when the user starts the computer. And change the AcadE catalog path to this file.

If the database is edited during the day, we manualy copy this file and restart AcadE.

Message 5 of 9

Our catalog is also very slow since upgrading from ACADE 2010 to ACADE 2012. I also have to unselect the first manufacturer and sort then reselect the manufacturers that I want to see if I want to see results for more than one manufacturer

Message 6 of 9
gtralt
in reply to: Wheelie22

If you copy the default_cat.mdb locally you also have to remember to change your file path back before adding parts to the database. This can be easy to forget.

Message 7 of 9
Nata_ly
in reply to: gtralt

Hi, we have the same problem in AutoCAD Ectrical 2013. Catalog lookup is very slow (15 sec. or even more). Is there any other solution except copy file to the hard disc? It's not very suitable for us because default_cat.mdb are changed many times during a day.

Message 8 of 9
stefan.stamate
in reply to: Nata_ly

For us the network speed makes a huge difference...if somebody copies something over the network then it is much slower. I would love if Autodesk will come up with a solution to have the database locally but synchronized to the master one on the server on a daily/hourly/weekly basis. I heard about a custom solution but never had a chance to try it yet.

Message 9 of 9
hav
Participant
in reply to: leenvanderkooij2867

The same thing I have when using network deployment in ACADE 2013.
May be we can put somehow this database to Vault Professional 2013 and work through it? Does it increase performance?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost