There might be another way of doing this, but this way seems to work, but
there is no built in mechanism to do this.
- Go into the Drawing Configuration and select 'X-Y Grid'
- Select the 'Setup' button in the 'Referencing' section
- Pick an 'Origin' point
- Set the 'Horizontal' spacing to a size large enough to cover the complete
width of your drawing (example: if you are doing a D size print, 34" wide,
you might place 40 in as a value here)
- Set your 'Vertical' spacing to whatever you require
- Select 'Horizontal-Vertical' for the 'X-Y format'
- Blank out the 'Separator' field
- Place 2 commas (,) in the 'Grid labels' 'Horizontal' edit box (the commas
separate the labels, so in effect we are giving it nothing for the labels).
You will notice that when you leave the edit box, one of these commas with
be removed, that is OK.
- Set the 'Vertical' labels to start at whatever you like
- Toggle on the 'Insert X-Y grid labels' option
- Set the 'Horizontal count' to zero (0), and the 'Vertical count' to
whatever you like
Now when you place a component, it will only get a Y zone value. This is
not documented to work this way, so this could change in future releases.
"mbos015" wrote in message
> Can you reference tags from the Y Zones only. I know X Zones only is
available why not Y Zones only?? seems odd.
> btw thanks for the help on my last post. the ucs was totally stuffed in my
template, throughing all the grids off. fixed now thanks