AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xref Multiple child and parent

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sims_69
453 Views, 1 Reply

Xref Multiple child and parent

Hi, I got a parent symbol with multiple child of the same symbol on different page. The Parent's Xref showing every child location, but the Child's Xref or only pointing at parents, and not at other child. Is there a way to make it appear every other child Xref ?

Thanks,

Sims
Sorry for my bad English !

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Icemanau
in reply to: sims_69

As far as I'm aware, the industry standard is to have the child block point to the parent block only. I haven't seem ANY standard ask for each child contact to have a full list of other child contacts.

This is due to the parent (usually a coil or something similar) normally being located in a fairly open area of the dwg while the contacts and such may be in a congested area of the dwg and not have room for a list of contacts underneath the child component.

To place the full cross reference list with each contact would take up a lot of room on the dwg and drafters would have to have huge gaps between components, rungs and anything else to accomadate the cross referencing.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost