AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing information from titleblock attributes to the drawing properties

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CAD-ICE
482 Views, 2 Replies

Writing information from titleblock attributes to the drawing properties

Hi there,

I have a small problem which involves lack of information in the drawing properties although this information is set in the titleblock attributes value field. The thing is that one of our designer thougt that by double clicking directly on the titleblock attributes on the drawing and thereby assigning new values to the attributes was the same as if he inserted the information through the drawing properties dialog box. Unfortunatly this is not the case and when generating reports from the project the fields in question are empty! I have attached a picture that shows most of the fields in the drawing properties dialog box are empty while the information is shown in the titleblock by the values in the titleblock attributes. So basically I´m looking for a method that takes the values inside the titleblock attributes and inserts them into the corresponding fields inside the drawing properties.

Any ideas wery much appreciated Smiley Indifferent

Regards, Gary

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hello SIGURGEIRTH,

Not sure this will work, but in your .wdt file, you could try to reverse the attributes such as :

{WD_M} = {.wdt attibute}

For example if your title block use SH as the attribute for the sheet number

SHEET = SH

and not

SH = SHEET

And Update the title block.

If you use WD_TB attribute, you should impose ACE to check the .wdt file and forget the WD_TB, or you'll have to change each WD_TB by hand (that means useless)

Hope it works for you ! (Bad luck if you must rewrite all the field by hand)

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hi, i am not aware of an electrical command for this operation but a classic autocad command may help.

The command ATTEXT exists which extracts block information to a text file. You can then work with it in notepad to insert the information into the wdp file.

You have to setup a template file so that autocad knows what information your looking for and run a script projectwide which will gather the information. Read Autocad help for information.

One tip is to use the FILEDIA variable which controls the file selection dialgoue box. setting to '0' forces entry into the command line, setting to '1' brings it back. You will need this in your script.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost