AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish: where's the rating?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pmccutcheon
181 Views, 2 Replies

Wish: where's the rating?

When I enter a contactor or relay, I would prefer the contact rating to appear by the contact. (not by the coil)

(since the contact is a child, and coil is parent, I guess most of the info winds up in the parent coil)

We've been using AE since it was VIA17.
Consequently, our library has been hanging around for a while, and may be based on fairly old originals - so this item could possibly have been fixed already

If I add a RATING attribute to my contact block, will the info get passed from parent to child? (e.g. if I change the parent, does the rating info drive to the child)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You can add a rating attribute to a relay coil and the child contact of the relay. It will pick up the data from the parent, but you can edit the child contact to be different. For example the auxiliary contact of a contactor will likely be rated for lower volts/amps than its three phase-carrying contacts. You can modify the existing VCR1 and HCR1 blocks and their associated child contact blocks, both horizontal and vertical versions (i.e. HCR22 and VCR22), or you can copy them to your own custom symbol library and modify there. I keep my modified or custom symbols in a folder called UserLib, in the Libs folder parallel to JIC, JIC125, etc. Be sure to keep the modified symbol names the same as the originals from the JIC, JIC125, etc. library (i.e. VCR1, VCR22). If you put UserLib as the first library in your project library search path, clicking on the relay coil or child contacts from the Insert Schematic Symbol Icon Menu will grab your modified version first.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3

If you don't add a rating attribute to the relay coil, it will carry no rating information. You can still add the rating attribute to the child symbols, and enter the rating as you place each child on the drawing, or edit later to add the rating.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost