AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wires that are not really wires....???

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
darrell.l.gregg
396 Views, 7 Replies

Wires that are not really wires....???

I have a very unusual problem.

I have a ladder drawing I inserted some terminals on the wires... when I do a TSE on those terminals... they do not report the wire numbers of the wires connected to them.

Further...

When I do an electrical audit... it is saying that a lot of things have no connections.. yet wires are drawn to them

I start the wire command, and can draw wires, I can put wire numbers on them, but they are somehow, not really wires. Across the entire project... something happened to the wires and I don't know how to fix it.

Any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

First of all I'd try the AEREBUILDDB command, and make sure the "Include wire connection processing" is checked.

Capture.PNG

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 8

Yeah, that was the first thing I did. The wires are still not really wires.

Wire from to report says "no data to display"... something very strange happened to this project.

I'll just have to rebuild the wdp I think then copy all my files over to see if that fixes it.

Message 4 of 8

If I copy the elements in the drawing (all except the border and things attached to the border (wd_m, wd_plm, etc...) then all works fine in the new drawing.

Somehow the drawings are corrupted and I'll have to totally rebuild this project.

I tried deleting the project database as well... something is wrong with the dwgs themselves. I can't seem to find the offending object.

Message 5 of 8

If you'd like, I could always take a look at a DWG...

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 8

I found one file that is causing all my problems. I cleaned the file and it still causes the problem after being cleaned with the clean drawing utility.

I will attach it here.

Once this file is added to a project, it causes the TSE to not report wire numbers or layers, it also causes the electrical audit to not see any wires, it also causes the wire from to report to fail (no data to extract).

Message 7 of 8

Hi Darrell.

I've spent a few hours now, dissecting the file. But, I'm not able to find out wvat's wrong with it. If I remove all wires in this drawing, from/to reposrt works great for the rest of the project. As soon as I add 1 wire (!!) to this drawing, From/To reports stop working....

Sorry for the bad news. Hope you have fixed this already, maybe by redrawing it or something?

Maybe someone from Autodesk can have a look at the file also?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 8 of 8

Well thanks for confirming that I didn't entirely loose my mind!!!

The way I recovered from this was to delete all the wires, and the connectors and the motors.

Once I purged and reinserted the connectors and motors, I redrew the circuit and it seemed fine then.

Of course the tricky part was just figuring out that only one dwg was messing up the entire project.

Thanks for the assistance. I'll see what I can do to get this dwg to Autodesk for them to take a gander at. Since it's definitely dwg related they should be able to repeat the error.

""...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?..."--Sherlock Holmes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost