AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wires, Wire numbering, and Scooting

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
testsubject
361 Views, 8 Replies

Wires, Wire numbering, and Scooting

Nate,

Has there been any changes to address putting wires on a wirelayer that does not update with wire numbers? I am presently putting all wires that I do not want to have a wire number on layer 0 (zero), but if i was to scoot a component on that wire, the wire located on layer ) is not included and I have to manually re-attach it. I know we talked about this once before and was wondering if it was addressed in AE or not yet. I am still working off of R16.1 but hopefully I will be getting AE 2004 by the end of next week. It is kind of a pain to have to reconnect a bunch of wires to terminals after doing an Align.

Thanks,

Robert Hanrahan

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
testsubject
in reply to: testsubject

Bump

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 3 of 9
testsubject

Bump again

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Try putting the wire on the _MULTI_WIRE layer. I think that does what you want. John Pullen "testsubject" wrote in message news:19817409.1081354775048.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Nate, > > Has there been any changes to address putting wires on a wirelayer that does not update with wire numbers? I am presently putting all wires that I do not want to have a wire number on layer 0 (zero), but if i was to scoot a component on that wire, the wire located on layer ) is not included and I have to manually re-attach it. I know we talked about this once before and was wondering if it was addressed in AE or not yet. I am still working off of R16.1 but hopefully I will be getting AE 2004 by the end of next week. It is kind of a pain to have to reconnect a bunch of wires to terminals after doing an Align. > > Thanks, > > Robert Hanrahan
Message 5 of 9
testsubject

John,

That did not work. If it is in the Wire Layer list I can scoot and it will assign a wire number. If it is not in the wire Layer List then it will not scoot.

Thanks anyway

Robert Hanrahan

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

In testing this a bit more, it works fine doing that if the non-wire layer line is on the right side of a component, not if on the left. Very strange. "testsubject" wrote in message news:31579760.1082479882616.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > John, > > That did not work. If it is in the Wire Layer list I can scoot and it will assign a wire number. If it is not in the wire Layer List then it will not scoot. > > Thanks anyway > > Robert Hanrahan
Message 7 of 9
testsubject

Bumping back to the top again...
(beginning to think Autodesk is mad at me...)

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Yes, it makes sense that if the INSERT COMPONENT works just fine when inserting a device into a LINE entity that is not on a wire layer, then the ALIGN COMPONENT and the SCOOT commands should also keep the lines reconnected when these commands reposition the inserted component. I'll submit this as a defect. "testsubject" wrote in message news:19817409.1081354775048.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Nate, > > Has there been any changes to address putting wires on a wirelayer that does not update with wire numbers? I am presently putting all wires that I do not want to have a wire number on layer 0 (zero), but if i was to scoot a component on that wire, the wire located on layer ) is not included and I have to manually re-attach it. I know we talked about this once before and was wondering if it was addressed in AE or not yet. I am still working off of R16.1 but hopefully I will be getting AE 2004 by the end of next week. It is kind of a pain to have to reconnect a bunch of wires to terminals after doing an Align. > > Thanks, > > Robert Hanrahan
Message 9 of 9
testsubject

Thanks for the info, Nate.

I just finished downloading the latest beta and am looking forward to seeing all the new stuff.

Bob Hanrahan

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost