AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire type change across source/destination

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
g_boyd
370 Views, 1 Reply

Wire type change across source/destination

Hi all

When we use the wire signal feature to connect a wire across sheets using source/destination arrows, if we update the wire number on the source wire, the destination wire number is automatically updated.

Exactly as it should be since this is the same wire.

However, when changing the wire type on the source wire, the destination wire type is not updated.

Given that that the source and destination wire are the exact same piece of wire and both would always need to be the same wire type, then I'm assuming that this is easily possible and that I'm missing something blindingly obvious.

Thanks for any help...

Gareth

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: g_boyd

What you are experiencing is normal behavior for the software.  I have asked for real-time updates of wire types between source and destination wires in the past.  They have improved the software to the point where the destination wire type is checked against the source wire type when it is linked to a source.  When you click OK+Update Source after inserting a destination, the software verifies that the source and destination wire types match.  But beyond that, no verification is made.  If you change the source wire type, you must surf to the destination and manually change it.  I hope that a future version of AutoCAD Electrical will automatically update the destination wire type when the source wire type is changed.  Perhaps if enough of us ask for it, Autodesk will add it to the wish list.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost