AutoCAD Electrical General

*Carl Smith
Message 1 of 2 (52 Views)

Wire question

52 Views, 1 Replies
06-17-2004 11:39 AM
Is there any way to force wires to specific layers from within a spreadsheet that generates PLC drawings? As far as I can tell all of the wires automatically "go" to the first line layer in the configuration. cds
*Nate Holt \(Autodesk\)
Message 2 of 2 (52 Views)

Re: Wire question

06-18-2004 10:20 AM in reply to: *Carl Smith
Carl, Two things.... 1) after you run the SS->PLC I/O generator utilty, you can't re-run it and have it just make minor changes to existing dwgs... it creates a new set of dwgs. 2) as far as controlling the wire layer assignment from the SS->PLC I/O utility spreadsheet, good idea, but it's not currently "in there". Customers are encouraged to use this utility's source code (c:\program files\autodesk\acade 2004\support\wdio.lsp and wdio.dcl) and create a custom version by modifying the program. It probably wouldn't be too hard to add a new columns to the spreadsheet to comma-delimit an existing column's data to force the connecting wire to a specific layer. Nate. "Carl Smith" wrote in message news:40d1e560$1_1@newsprd01... > Is there any way to force wires to specific layers from within a spreadsheet > that generates PLC drawings? As far as I can tell all of the wires > automatically "go" to the first line layer in the configuration. > > cds > >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community