AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire numbering

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jbest1224
1602 Views, 5 Replies

Wire numbering

Hello everyone

I am new to Acad Electrical, and I am trying to figure out if I can set up the wire numbers to match our typical systems.  Normally all of our wire numbers are based on the line reference, for example our common 24vdc terminal strip will have all different wire numbers.  We do this so so electricians/maintenance can easily identify which wire is powering a device.  Is there anyway that I can set up the wire numbers to follow this system?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
testsubject
in reply to: jbest1224

If you show the terminals that are on the left side of the ladder, you can use the terminal symbols that allow the Wire number to change when crossing the terminal. This will break the wire number at the terminal and change it on the other side.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 6
metal_pro2

First thing I noticed about your drawing is on the left side the dashed field wiring is connected to the solid panel wiring with a Dot. I always considered this a bad practice as I doubt that your using wire nuts to connect field wiring to the panel. Replace the "Dots" with Terminals (With Wire number Change) This will allow you to have different wire numbers for every line when you use the insert wire number function. In addition it will also tell you how many terminals you will need for field device wiring and later you will be able to develop Terminal strip layouts automatically.

The reports and higher functionality of AutoCad Electric work best if you draw things as they are physically wired (point to point)

The terminal blocks on the right side of your drawing (TB4) should not be the type "with wire number Change" . If you have the Wire Number Drawing Properties  set "Search for PLC address on insert" Then your wire numbers can automatically be inserted with the PLC address.

Message 4 of 6
jbest1224
in reply to: metal_pro2

Thanks for the help guys,

I do have another question about the terminal strips and jumpers though.  With the terminals inserted on the left side of the ladder it shows wire numbers for between the terminals.  I have inserted wire jumpers and relabled and this still occurs. Is there anyway to remove these, since technically there isn't a wire there it would be a factory jumper from terminal to terminal.

Message 5 of 6
metal_pro2

If you draw the terminals like attached image it won't automatically assign different wires numbers between terminals

Message 6 of 6
testsubject
in reply to: metal_pro2

You can also place the wires that represent jumpers on a layer named JUMPER. Wires located on this layer will be ignored for wire numbering.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost