AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire from/to report

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
martaray
175 Views, 3 Replies

Wire from/to report

I need to create wire source signal that can go to multiple destinations and this should be reflected in my wire from/to report. For example: Wire source signal on page #1 has TB1 and all destination signals on other pages are connected to control relays.
I need the report to read: TB1 to CR1, TB1 to CR2…
With available source destination signals I can only accomplish: TB1 to CR1, CR1 to CR2, CR2 to CR3….
Does anyone know how to do this?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: martaray

I'm not completely sure I understand what you are trying to do but let me throw an idea at you. You can connect multiple wires to TB1 and "fan out" as it were using sources called TB1A, TB1B, TB1C, etc. Of course place matching destinations at CR1, CR2, CR3, etc. On the wire list you will see multiple occurrences of TB1, each going to a different relay. Under the spool flyout you can select a 22.5, 45, or 67.5 degree angled wire to spread multiple wires from one connection point, if desired. Terminals like HT0002 (round with terminal number) allow a wire connection on top, bottom, left, and right as well.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
martaray

Thank you for your reply. Your suggestion is a good one but I would need more dwg space for that. I was using Promis-e for awhile and what I had in that software was called star signal reference with 5 references written down. Every time you placed star reference on a different page the software knew not to daisy chain devices but wire them back to the source star reference. This way the wire report would read: TB1 to CR1, TB1 to CR2.....
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Have you tried to use just a single source arrow and relate multiple destination arrows back to it. In ACE you can have a single source arrow sending the "signal" out to many destinations, but a destination arrow can have only one signal reference.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost