AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire To-From Reporting Problem on Custom Parametric Component

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jschauer
150 Views, 2 Replies

Wire To-From Reporting Problem on Custom Parametric Component

Hi Nate, anybody,
In the attached test file, I'm encountering a problem where certain wire connections are not reporting between opposing / corresponding TERMxxL and TERMxxR parametric component terminals when a component is placed between the two as noted. If just the rung (a wire) appears between these two terminals, then both of the wire connections report.
Any suggestions on how to remedy or what I might be doing wrong would be appreciated.
John
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jschauer

John, This problem was a bit tricky... the issue is that the bottom part of this split PLC or connector block has wire connection attributes that are "floating" in space with no block graphics nearby (within a "trap" distance of the end of the wire). The bottom green rectangle is not part of the block. So, AcadE doesn't "see" the PLC block anywhere near the end of the bottom of the wire. If you move the "4-16" attribute text up just a bit (using the AcadE attrib move tool) so it's closer to the end of the wire, then all is well. AcadE's trap distance captures the attribute and then AcadE realizes that this wire "touches" or connects to the block. The X?TERMxx attribute doesn't work for this task because it is marked "invisible". So, the solution is to either 1) make the bottom green rectangle part of your split PLC connector block, or 2) modify your block and add near-zero length line segments right on top of the wire connection points (so that AcadE can "capture" some geometry at the end of the wire), or 3) make the terminal text taller or move it up just a bit. Nate. "jschauer" wrote in message news:29855803.1092922078134.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi Nate, anybody, > In the attached test file, I'm encountering a problem where certain wire connections are not reporting between opposing / corresponding TERMxxL and TERMxxR parametric component terminals when a component is placed between the two as noted. If just the rung (a wire) appears between these two terminals, then both of the wire connections report. > Any suggestions on how to remedy or what I might be doing wrong would be appreciated. > John
Message 3 of 3
jschauer
in reply to: jschauer

Thanks Nate, Both proposed solutions 2 & 3 work for our purposes.
Not clear though as to why the opposing terminals (on the sample that I sent) will report and have the same "capture distances" and attribute text heights as those that don't report?
Nonetheless, glad to have it working with your help.
Thanks again.
John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost